Secure livelihoods project Coordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Policy Group for an enthusiastic and experienced project coordinator to oversee implementation of the global Accenture-funded livelihoods project, Making Markets Work for the Poor (MMW4P).
Now in its third year out of five, the project aims to develop market-orientated solutions to poverty in VSO's secure livelihoods programmes through the establishment of five regional learning centres on market development approaches and carrying out market assessments, improved knowledge management within the secure livelihoods goal and an impact assessment action learning pilot.
The post-holder will facilitate implementation of the project and see it through to completion, liaising with key stakeholders, monitoring progress and promoting knowledge management, ensuring that key project deliverables and reporting requirement are met and comply with VSO grant management systems.Requirements:
- excellent project coordination and organisational skills, with experience of complex and multi-faceted projects involving multiple countries and stakeholders
- knowledge of monitoring and evaluation/impact assessment and other tools to ensure effective project implementation
- experience of managing budgets and interpreting complex financial information
- experience of working with donor-funded projects, compliance and reporting requirements
- experience in knowledge/information management systems and the documentation of good practice
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to work with people from a range of backgrounds and cultures and across distances
- permit to work in one of the above five locations for the duration of the project
- ability to travel internationally for up to eight weeks of the year.
Please send your CV and expression of interest—stating in no more than two sides of A4 how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the post—to HR atby the closing date stated
No agencies please.